Canon AF35M with original box
9.5/10 Overall condition (Mint) Near new
Serial number S68566
Comes with Original Box and packaging from New
The Sure Shot (US)/AF35M (Europe)/Autoboy (Japan) was an early example (1979) of an active autofocus camera. According to the Canon Camera Museum, "This was the world's first lens-shutter 35mm autofocus camera". In fact, the Konica C35 AFhad used an autofocus mechanism two years earlier, but that was system was "passive" and the active CAFS (Canon Auto Focus System) (using a near-infrared emitting diode (IRED) and photo diode receiver) came to dominate the market. The AF35M was the first model released in Canon's huge-selling Sure Shot/Prima/Autoboyseries.
- Lens: 38mm, f/2.8 (4 elements in 3 groups)
- Autofocus with the CAFS infra-red system, pre-focus enabled.
- Film Speed: 25-400 ISO
- Flash: Guide number 14m at ISO 100.
- Tripod socket.
- Auto load and wind, power rewind (with switch).
- Power: Two 1.5V AA batteries.
What we think:
- high quality 4 element lens
- Great point and shoot camera
- Accurate CAFS Auto focus system