Canon Ae-1 Program with 50mm 1.4 & 28mm 3.5 S.C
9 / 10 Overall condition (near Mint) with original box
- All functions working
- Tested with film
- lens and finder are clean and clear
- some very minor marks on body from use
- Serial number
The Canon AE-1 Program is a 35 mm single-lens reflex camera that uses Canon's FD mount lenses. It was introduced in 1981 as the successor to the Canon AE-1, five years after that camera's introduction. The major difference was the addition of the Program AE mode first seen in the A-1. This mode sets both the shutter speed and aperture automatically—albeit with a slight bias towards the shutter speed setting. The user focuses the camera and then presses the shutter button. For those desiring more control, the AE-1's shutter priority auto-exposure and full manual modes are still available.Program.
The Canon AE-1 Program is one of the most popular cameras of all time, and for very good reason: it is a spectacular camera.
Picking up where the original AE-1 (1976) and A-1 (1978) left off, the AE-1 program is a highpoint in all of photography's history.
The AE-1 Program is so highly regarded because it represents a high point of camera development. The AE-1 has every feature needed for great photos, and none of the junk features that have been added in the past couple of decades that makes most modern cameras unusable unless you carry — and read — a 300-page manual.
- Mount: Canon FD breech-lock mount, accepts New FD (FDn)
- Shutter: cloth focal plane electronic shutter traveled horizontally, speeds: 2-1/1000 +B; setting: dial on left of the top plate
- Manual: TTL stopped-down match needle manual metering
- Back-light control switch: silver button, on the right of the lens flange
- Exposure compensation range: +1.5 EV.
What we think:
- Great camera fro beginners, who want some easy to use and still have the ability to learn manual exposure functions
- wide selection of great Canon lenses